DISCLAIMER

This is a blog of opinions. Don't get pissed off. You know I don't like whiners.

Friday, March 19, 2010

The abuse of "LOL".

The word "lol" has been an internationally acclaimed word. It's origins are currently unknown. Surely the person who invented that word must have been pisssssssssed~

This word can be compared to the use of marijuana. Small doses are legal and, frankly, quite helpful. Though overuse leads to ABUSE.

Is this your typical everyday conversation?

"Dammit, I forgot my homework."

"LOL"

-OR-

"My cat died."

"LAWL"

This is really, really sad. And ironic. Most have forgotten that it stood for "laugh out loud", yet people say it in the sometimes dullest situations.

Even the mundane.

"Man, I just love this chicken salad."

"LOL"

And the worst part is, it's being said in real life in face-to-face conversations.
How is that appropriate? It's like using a boat on land.

But it has it's upsides though. For one thing, it's a GREAT conversation ender. Have you ever had a chat with those annoying people who just keeps yapping but you don't really care? Those who did chat with me before must have had that feeling. ;)

"...And when I reached Lv. 99, my warlock became GOD"

"LOL"

*after 3 minutes of no replies*

"You know, if you're not interested you can just tell me. =("

On the side note. It's just embarassing to say it (in real life). Why do you want to make people think you're a nerd? I swear to God someone (not gonna mention a name here) had this conversation with me before in school.

"LOL. You are such a geek."

No comments:

Post a Comment